Sunday, September 26, 2010

1st workout accomplished!

Well, on Friday Chill & I had our first workout together in years!! It is always so much fun!! I love the new facility! Ok, so, it was a little embarrassing to hear myself panting while talking on the treadmill...but I've got to suffer through the bad cardio state to get to the good one again, right? I couldn't think of a better person to be embarrassed in front of than Chill! Cuz, Lord knows we laugh about it!

As I was brushing my teeth before the session, I became painfully aware of the crepey skin (Thanks 44~!) that was created from my now gargantuan boobs being smashed together in the 2 layers of spandex tops. But, what's a day without being able to shove two fat bits together for a little laugh! Of course, I want to keep these righteous boobs when I'm unfat, but Chill assured me that won't be the case. DAMNIT!!

He kept it simple and we gauged where I am with weight levels. It sounds crazy, but it felt like coming home being there with Chill & doing these familiar exercises. All the while, reminders of proper form, me inadvertantly skipping the 11th rep, and even a glimpse of empowerment! I had a "moment" while looking up at the overhead cable pull mechanism where the cable runs thru. I remembered proper form, I could feel my old muscles underneath, just waking up, excited to be used again! I could feel my old empowered and strong self somewhere underneath whisper in my ear..."it will happen...welcome home!" I wanted to cry...but I didn't, cuz I wasn't quite sure what my butt muscles were going to whisper to me! I just prayed I wouldn't crap my pants on a squat!!

We always do abs towards the end of the workout and they were always my favorite. I remember that the first ab workout was always fun and felt easy since your muscles are like noodles. Abs are my favorite since when I am in shape, they are my strong suit. But, as I felt good about how many crunches I was able to do, I couldn't stop chortling!! A vision of myself trying to get out of bed the next day was all the comedy my mind needed!! I envisioned either slowly sliding myself head first off the bed or even better, rolling out like a sardine out of a can!

So, now, day 2 after the workout (always the worst for soreness), I am feeling good! I really am enjoying feeling the presence of my muscles again...reminding me they need me to work them out and applauding me for getting into gear. Granted, I wobble like an old man when I first get up from sitting, but I remember that reality too!!

After almost 2 yrs. of waking up early for work, now my body decides it wants to get up early even on days off. Yesterday I got up early and decided to go feet first into my cooking for the week! Acorn squash, rutabega, spinach with sesame, grilled chicken and mahi! I also individually ziploc'd my portions of fruit and breakfast squares. Nothing better than listening to "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" on NPR while cooking!!

Before I close this post, I must admit something. After my workout on Friday I walked Robby and did a few things around the house but then I HAD to take a nap! My body was happy for the workout but it apparently needed a 3 HOUR NAP!! LOL!!! True story!

Have a great day everyone and thanks for the support! Feel free to send the link on to anyone you think might enjoy it!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE it!! Yay! Congrats girl...you're already gorgeous, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I have also been trying to get unfat. I've been watching my eating and bought a bike. It's great exersize because no matter how far you travel and get tired, you still have to travel back.

    If you have a bike or plan on getting one, let me know. I would love to ride wit cha'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great, Brian!! I don't have a bike, but if you ever want to walk, I'm game!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blog. Love you. I am so thrilled to be able to watch on this journey. I am psyched to get to know you through rehearsal. You are an amazing gift Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms. Bee...you make me blush!! And you make the most AMAZING carrot/pineapple cake!!!! Chill...I only had a small bit and I walked after! I so enjoyed chatting with you over your dinner while we decided if my stomach ache was my aversion to eggs or possible salimanella (sp?)!! Hey, what's a day long belly ache good for other than a great name gag for the show! Angie the Ox! Liver Lips Louie! Sal Minella!! xoxoo

    ReplyDelete