Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year, New Me!!

It's been a while since I've blogged but it's not that I haven't been thinking about you all!!! AND, it doesn't mean I haven't been working on this little project of mine either! Let's see...to summarize, I've lost 7 lbs and kept them off even through the holidays!!! My favorite part about that is that I can pull my jeans off without unbuttoning!!! THAT is a perk I can handle!!

Working out with Chill has given me so much more confidence again. It sounds strange, but I really enjoy feeling the soreness of my muscles. It's almost as if I was walking around like a vapor before and now my body is slowly coming back into existence! Scheduling during the holidays can be rough, but we managed to get sessions in and they are always a blast!!

I was doing very well with my eating and drinking until Thanksgiving when I was bowled over by the death of a very close friend. All I wanted to do was cry, eat and drink. And, so I did. Holidays are always a bit stressful and melancholy but this grief and a full work schedule had my head swimming out of control. So, I took a break. I went home after work everyday to retreat, cry and hide. I couldn't even muster up the energy to attend the holiday parties for work. Stuck under the phantom elephant foot I felt on my chest, I became more and more aware of MY life's direction through the dense fog of grief.

What was I doing? What was coming next? Could I possibly survive another breakneck paced busy year? What should I focus on? I had really wanted a full-time position as an American Idol Experience Judge because of the shorter day's schedule, but that didn't pan out for me. So, again I was faced with the obstacles of time management for all I planned to do this coming year. So, I rested. I slept. I cried. I clung to friends that knew Desmond to share stories and memories. I spent time with close friends here and laughed.

December was a lot of traveling and work so my refrigerator stayed pretty empty and I was eating out or at gatherings. I love to cook and I missed having vegetables in the house. So, the other day I went back to my favorite produce place on Mills, "Eat More Produce" and stocked up on fresh, locally grown and organic veggies to make soups to freeze!!

So, although I haven't finalized my career goal focus for the year , I do know that I am committed to continue working out with Chill, doing more cardio and keeping my eating and drinking at smart levels! Oh, and Santa...if you can guarantee that I'll get laid ever again, this year would be a nice start! Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment